Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Fridge


There's this company that rents Mini Fridges to university students for their dorms called Campus Coolers. They charge an arm and a leg, and deliver these worthless, dinged up fridges that hardly work, not to mention, they're sooo tiny that they can barely hold anything. Last year, Tim got one of these fridges. There was a half hour window of time at the end of the year when they came to the dorm and collected the fridges. Tim didn't know about this, and wound up wondering what to do with his fridge. We tried to get the fridge back to them, but hte long and hte short of it was....we couldn't. So, a summer later, and we bring this fridge back with us. Today is the day when they deliver all of their rip-off fridges to the poor, unsuspecting freshman once more.

Tim and I started out the day with one goal: To get rid of this fridge.

I only have the big, old, lumbering, 1990 full size van with leaky tires and an empty gas tank here with me, so since Jessie, Katie, and Kale were going into town, we mooched a ride off of them. The residence office, unfortunately, could not tell us when the fridge van would be where around campus. After lugging the fridge around from one res to another to look for the fridge van, Tim and I eventually sat down on the fridge to wait. And wait.

And wait.

Three hours and many trash picking attempts later (by students, of course), the fridge van finally arrived in front of MacIsaac. The guy unloading fridges gave Tim a weird look as he tried to return this 4-month late worthless fridge, but took it anyways. Problem solved, no more fridge!! Yay!! I should mention, of course, that Tim was the one doing all the lugging of the fridge around. I walked beside him, feeling useless, and holding up the power cord in a pathetic attempt to feel helpful.

Afterwards, I bought my school supplies at the dollar store. Tomorrow is the first day of classes. The English department chair guy hasn't responded to my course override application, so I'll have an Independent Adventure and drop by the English chair guy's office tomorrow. Unless, of course, I wuss out.

Wish me luck!!