Monday, September 18, 2006

The Planning Bug

That Planning Bug bit me today while I was doing some psych reading. Do other people have this planning bug problem? One moment, I was sitting there reading, then the next moment, I had an image of needing to apply to graduate school, and having no idea what standards I was going to need to meet, and where I was going to apply. And then finding out that I'd been slacking off, because I needed all A's, and all I had were high B's! AHHH!!! What a nightmare. So, two seconds later, I was out of bed and on my computer, researching universities to attend for graduate studies. U of Toronto is looking good. They say they only admit students who are definitely going on to pursue their PhD in psychology, and that their MA program is only one year. Is this possible???

So, for MA, I'm sort of looking at the big ones: U of T, McGill, UBC, and with a little bit of time, maybe I'll look at some American and European ones. American ones scare me (too many options, as previously stated) and I just don't know what's really out there European-wise, other than the obvious ones from family experience.

Ugh...eating too many pretzels. My stomach's becoming one giant doughy ball of partially digested pretzel. Lovely.

Do you guys know about the Puma Mongolian Shoe Barbecue? I went there in an attempt to make a shoe similar to my poor, irreplaceable Golas. My magnificent Golas. They wore like slippers and were completely kickass. They're currently in my forever lost bag. Evil evil EVIL Us Airways. But that is a story for another day. Anyways. I designed some fun shoes on the Puma thing, but they don't let you choose the actual shoe *type.* I'm telling you, brown suede and ridiculous gold silk: Priceless.

I'm currently looking for Halloween costumes. Jedi knight? Padme? Boba Fett?

Anne Marie and Jaime's posts on children as evangelizers were very very interesting. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I connected with many of the things Anne said. Three cheers to both Jaime and Anne Marie!! Well said. I think I probably have deeper "heathen" issues than is normal in this family (understatement?) but I definitely did and do *try* to come to a more Christian understanding. It pretty much fails, though, and I'm starting to just call myself an agnostic. Which is at least better than an atheist! 'Cause, honestly, how can an atheist honestly think s/he knows for sure that God doesn't exist? Ridiculous! Random om? Yes.

Moving on...

Padme, anyone? I'm considering it.