Monday, August 20, 2007

Airport Ramblings

Well, this is an airport post, except without actually posting, since I can’t seem to connect to the wireless. Today is a spectacular day for weather, just not so much for flying. The air was so hot and muggy and relatively clear, until just before I left it clouded over and the wind started tearing down the street, and a light rain started falling. Sitting in the airport right now, though, there’s lightning and heavy rain, so I hope my flight isn’t cancelled. The rain is sliding so constantly down the windows that I can’t see outside at all.


Likelihood of major delay: high.


Last week, I went meteor watching with Michelle (Ellinger), Jeff, and Andy. We ended up at the farm, since we hadn’t planned where to go. We were also an hour early, since the really good stuff was supposed to begin at two in the morning. I saw two good ones, though.


After watching The Hot Fuzz (again), I want to move to Britain and become a cop. :) What an amazing plan!


During the weekdays for lunch, nearly every day, Julie and I have had PB&J and tea, and today we did afternoon tea properly. We had grand plans to make our own tea snack-y things and such, but of course that didn’t happen. So today we bought a blueberry scone and piece of lemon cake from Starbucks (better than nothing), Julie made a pot of rose tea, and we sat down to drink, eat, and chat. That’s about where the story ends, nothing amazing happens or anything. But it was nice.


Right now, some sketch airport guy is standing behind me peering over my shoulder at my screen. Sketch. I wonder if he’s looking for a confession of terrorist activity on my Word file. That’s where I’d write it, of course.


Today, thanks to Julie’s kind financial backing (I’d left my purse at home) I got one t-shirt with Grumpy Bear (Care Bears) on it, and another covered with little Woodstocks from Charlie Brown on it. Sooo cool.


I’m trying to think of useful things for tiny dorm rooms that I might not have for next year, and I’m drawing a blank. So, everyone think of really useful things that I might not have thought of. Particularly creative storage devices. Right now, an area rug is my most desired thing. Maybe a clip-on lamp/ fan. Ah-ha, some curtains would be nice, too.


Well, the wireless miraculously started working, and it appears has miraculously stopped again, so the moment it comes back up I’m going to publish this. If it does come back up.


Until then, I’ll continue rambling. Okay, the point of me going back on campus is to have a social life and actually experience university life. So, here are a couple of resolutions I’ve made to try and accomplish that.


  1. Go to yoga (Obviously, there will be people there)
  2. Audition for chamber ensemble
  3. Introduce myself to floormates, and learn their names
  4. Leave my door open whenever I’m in my room (with some obvious exceptions)
  5. additional suggestions?


Planes are circling in the air waiting for an opportunity to land, and several have been diverted to Cincinnati to refuel and then fly back to Columbus. I seriously hope that isn’t happening with my flight.


Well, the wireless has come back, so I'm going to take this opportunity to post.


Oh my goodness, I think my plane might have just pulled up to the gate! Please please let it be mine!!