Thursday, August 23, 2007

Unnecessary Revealing Photo

I am foolish. First, I always start out cutting tile thinking, "Oh, I'm wearing my glasses, do I really need the safety glasses?" Yes. Inevitably, a little chink (not the racial slur. That is a racial slur, right? I'm not very good with my racial slurs vocabulary, but I think it might be. Okay, UrbanDictionary.com says it is.) flies into my eye, and I keep going trying to finish the cut on the tile, but I can't really see properly, and my hands are right there guiding it next to the blade, and I'm going aaaaaugh. So then I put the safety glasses on, but the next day starts out the same. That, my friends, is foolish. There's another reason why I'm foolish, but I can't remember.

No matter how many times I indicate "Not Interested" on Netflix, they will insist on presenting me with Winnie the Pooh, Baby Einstein, stand-up comedy, and live concerts recorded. What ever made them think I would want any of that? The stand up comedy--maaaaaaaybe, if I were really bored. Maybe. Maybe. (These maybes are meant to sound very doubtful.)

Wrote the residence office today to beg them to let me go into residence a couple of days early. Returning students aren't supposed to come until the fifth, but Dad's bringing me the second and leaving the third. However, I have all of that stuff to take from the off campus house to my dorm room, so if I wait until I'm supposed to, I'm not going to have any way of lugging my junk there. True, the house is close, but it's not that close. I have my big mini fridge, microwave, and boxes full of books, not to mention all the other stuff that's less heavy sounding. The dorm will already be open for the first years who arrive early, so I'm hoping that my email will touch their hearts and they'll say okay. Really hoping. They tend to be a little strict about that kind of thing.

You may wonder, "Mandy, why don't you just drive the Jeep from the off campus house to your dorm?" Good question! I'm not taking my Jeep with me this year. People ask for rides to places I'm not going, want to use it as their own personal pot-smoking den in winter for their friends, spill bong water everywhere, it's just not a good scene. So! I'll just have Dad drop me off, and take the bus back for Christmas vacation. I'm certain you really wanted to know all that of that. :-P

Ew, I think I just accidentally ate some tile. :-<

Well, I finally watched American Psycho. (I had all this stuff about it written, but somehow as it got published there was an error with the HTML, and it was all lost. I don't remember at all what I said. But here is where it picks up again): I love how aware he was of the insanity of his actions, and how obvious what he was doing was. And the business card thing! Fabulous. But in the end, it felt pretty pointless. Pointless, just like this picture. Wow. Too many bumps!!

I just had a weird memory of cigarette smoke, to the extent where I almost thought I was really smelling it. I think that means it's time for bed.