Wednesday, August 08, 2007

hair!

So, I got my hair cut. And I dyed it. And I really don't know what to think. I'm either a rock star or a fifty year old housewife. I attempted to dye it a really lovely shade of blonde ("lightest golden brown"). However, I have rarely (read: never) tried to lighten my hair color, and instead of ending up as a lightest golden blonde, I am instead some sort of a redhead. Photos: pre hair dye, post hair dye

Happy five year anniversary, Ben and Julie!! Tonight, I'll be babysitting the wee one while they go out for a romantic dinner and think anxiously about whether or not the other will like their present. I believe that this year is the wood anniversary. I know what each of them is getting, and so far (fingers crossed) I haven't given either present away! I've given away at least two presents by a slip of the tongue or plain old laziness.

...hours later, and I'm continuing this entry while doing the babysitting...

I saw Dreamgirls ages ago, and was really disappointed. The music was boring, the plot took forever and a day to take off (and when it did it was not engaging), and when they were singing it was awkward. I would take fabulously out there choreographed song and dance numbers of this any day. And who in their right mind let Jamie Foxx sing? Ironically, he's a music major and released his own album. Ah, but he was studying classical piano. There you go.

In a similar vein, I saw Hairpsray last week, and I really enjoyed it. I've never seen the original, so I don't know what was left out, and what was added, but it was really fun, and as is the case with all good musicals, I left it wanting real life to have song and dance numbers. Kenny and I sang at the top of our lungs all the way home. John Travolta in a fat suit was completely unnecessary. Allison Janney's character was awesome and unappreciated, I think.

I also saw The Simpsons. It was good, funny. Worth seeing.

Well, I've run out of things to say, so up this goes.