Thursday, August 16, 2007

babble babble

Whew, I just read Jaime's latest entry, and her vehemence against the world has left me breathless.

As a shameless non-handwasher, I feel somewhat cowed by her ferocity. But at least I am not that brief with water hand washer. I stick up for the way I feel and walk boldly out without a glance at the sinks. Unless I touch something I feel is questionable. Then I bust out the soap, and lots of comfortably warm water so I can stand there and have a good scrub. But if I just go to the bathroom--pfft. Is everyone horrified? Fabulous.

Sometimes I actually want to check how I look in the mirror, but I'd be embarrassed to stand there looking at myself, so I'll conceal my true purpose by washing my hands, giving me an excuse to stand for a prolonged period in front of the mirror. How sad.

I think most of you know that for a year or so I kept a blog online but told very few people about it. Ben was incensed that he didn't know about it, and went on a crazed hunt attempting to find it. Well, tonight I've deleted it. It was on livejournal, and I've decided that I really don't like that site. They want you to pay for some features and really make me not like them in the process.

I had a dream last night that someone who didn't know me was reading this, and talked about how he liked it. But he was talking in text on the computer. Weird. This is like that episode of Buffy where that one demon is living in the internet and making all the sad computer nerds do his bidding, and Willow falls in love with him. It's only like that, though, because of the way the guy's thoughts were appearing in text on the computer. Telekinesis typing!!

Ben was playing the demo for BioShock, and it looked really good. And weird. Fun premise, though. Underwater city where things have gone badly wrong. What a nightmare. Undoubtedly I'll have bad dreams about this tonight.

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed.