Monday, November 26, 2007

Give me your tales!!!!

This is the last week of classes.

Are you flabbergasted? 'Cause I am. Not to mention, mozilla didn't underline flabbergasted as a typo, though it did for mozilla, and it also does for google.

So the BBC is having this competition called The Next Big Thing 2007. Right now its pared down to 20 bands from around the world, and I'm listening to their respective songs on the BBC website for the competition. Some of it is really fun, and some of it is...crap. I'm going to guess that if this weren't the BBC, some of these songs wouldn't have made it through, because they have a very Brit-pop sort of bubblegum feel that makes me cringe.

A friend from high school is friends with one of the bands (King Tut) in this competition, I guess, so of course I got the event invitation on Facebook.

Okay, forget that Brit pop comment, because there's a really wide range of styles on here.

I have a hot date with my friend Jenny to go see a Bluejackets game and grab dinner in teh Arena District or Short North. So excited!!!!

In the next two days, I'm writing a paper for my abnormal psychology class. I'm writing about the large Somali presence in Columbus and how mental health care providers are trying to cope with the linguistic and cultural differences that are created when trying to do assessment. However, I need to make it clear how closely related this topic is to the Columbus area. So if any of you have had any any any any encounter or have a story relating to a Somali refugee in any way (really really doesn't matter if it's mental health related at ALL) in the even Ohio area, please tell me about it. Please. Please please.

Even if you think it doesn't apply, still tell me.