Monday, November 12, 2007

A new independent adventure

I had a dream that an entire church and its pastor were all coke addicts. In the vestry before the sermon everyone was doing lines, and their noses had little daubs of white powder on them, and everyone was so happy and being so sweet with one another, and I just wanted to scream "What?!!!" at them. But they looked so happy. I gave the pastor a dirty look, though.

The fox on my google homepage is so productive. I mean, true, I wake up before him, but I go back to sleep while he's picking his oranges.

I'm really in the mood for some classic Performance Fleece commercials from Old Navy. I'm feeling the holiday spirit. Everyone's already eating candy canes, stocking the seasonal section with Christmas-y things, and I heard a carol playing in a store almost three weeks ago. Big, soft, clumpy snowflakes are falling softly outside, and walking around bundled (not quite bundled, it's flimsy) in a scarf makes it hard to keep my mind thinking Thanksgiving-y thoughts and not Christmas-y thoughts.

I've started writing down what I need to knit for each person, and I'm beginning to feel mildly panicky about it. What I should feel panicky about is the lab that's due tomorrow...I should get on that.

So! Everyone (Anne) stand up and give me a big round of applause and a hearty slap on the back. Today I, me, yes, Mandy, went and made an appointment at the school's counseling centre. My anxiety was high; I tried to look calm. I was tempted to run out the door as soon as I was inside the waiting area. But I did it. Now I just have to not quit after the first session.